Bamboo Tea Whisk and Tea Scoop Chasen & Chashaku
Save £0.00 Save £-14.89
Original price £14.89 - Original price £14.89
£14.89 - £14.89
Current price £14.89
- 100% handmade from sustainable bamboo.
Tea Whisk (chasen): Composed of 120 prongs (120 bristles), which is the most a whisk can have. It an indication of the highest quality handcrafted to make your matcha will be frothy and lump-free.
Teaspoon (Chashaku): A traditional bamboo spoon to help you measure the correct amount of Matcha powder. Simply use the curved portion of the utensil to scoop matcha powder.
- A kit for everyone who would like to experience spirit of the art of the Japanese tea ceremony at home.
How to Use Matcha?
- Warm the chawan and soften the chasen with hot water.
- Discard the hot water & and dry the inside of the bowl with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Sift 1-2 tsp matcha (around 2g) into the Chawan bowl.
- Add 70ml of 80ºC/176ºF of hot water.
- Whisk vigorously in a zig-zag motion until rich and fine foam on top. Enjoy your bowl of matcha.
- Soaking the chasen will allow the bristles to unfold a bit and improve the elasticity of the whisk.
- It helps prevent powder from clumping.
- Use a fine mesh to sift your powder before whisking that helps ensure your tea is free of clumps and mix better with water.