EMMA BASIC Shirataki Noodles
Get inspired by Ching-He Huang while she makes Spicy Mushroom Shirataki Noodles
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g fresh Shitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 packs of Emma Basic Shirataki noodles, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 3 spring onions, washed, top and tailed, finely sliced into rounds
- 50g toasted pine nuts
- 1 pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon Chilli oil
Rinse the Shirataki noodles in cold water, drain and set aside.
Chop garlic, chillies, spring onions and fresh shitake mushrooms.
Heat the wok over high heat and add the rapeseed oil. Add the garlic and chilli and stir for a few seconds, then add the mushrooms and toss cooking. Add the mirin, Tamari and toss well.
Add the shirataki noodles. Stir to mix. Season with 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornflour with 1 tablespoon of cold water to make a cornflour slurry and pour into the dish. Mix well.
Sprinkle over spring onions and toasted pine nuts and a pinch of dried chilli flakes. Take off the heat and transfer to a serving plate and eat immediately. Serve with a quick homemade chilli oil by mixing dried chilli flakes and chilli oil.