EMMA BASIC Black Sesame Coconut Ice Cream
A nutty sweet black sesame no-churn, plant based ice-cream with hints of coconut
- 8 tablespoon toasted Emma Basic black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tin of sweetened coconut condensed milk (leave out if you want sugar free ice cream or for a reduced sweetness, add 2 tablespoons agave syrup instead)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 X 400ml can of coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 X 160ml can coconut cream
Pre-chill a freezer proof ice cream container for 2 hours.
Add the black sesame seeds to a pan. Toast for 1-2 minutes. Leave to cool for 1 minute. Transfer seeds to food processor.
Blend the black sesame seeds.
Add the coconut milk to a pan, follow with condensed milk (if using) and mix well. Add vanilla extract, sea salt. Bring to a simmer. Add the ground black sesame and whisk to mix well. Take off the heat. Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
In a deep bowl, whisk the coconut cream until you have fluffy peaks.
Pour the black sesame into a bowl and gently fold the cream into the black sesame mix.
Take the ice cream container from the freezer, pour over the ice cream mix, cover with a tight-fitting lid and freeze for 12 hours. Serve in a small bowl garnished with sesame seeds.