Save 0% Save %
Original price £10.99 - Original price £10.99
£10.99 - £10.99
Current price £10.99
- FOOD PRESENTATION: The eyes also eat! We should not only prepare the delicious dishes but also present them well. Pronounced as Sasanoha, bamboo leaves are frequently used to present sushi in Japan.
- SIZE: Length: 28-32 cm. It is not as big a dried bamboo leaf. Use 2 leaves to make one small zongzi.
- ZONGZI: Bamboo leaves are used in making zongzi, known as sticky rice dumplings, a traditional Chinese rice dish made of glutinous rice (BTW, Glutinous rice is gluten-free, the word glutinous here is used to describe its sticky texture, not the presence of gluten), stuffed with fillings and wrapped in bamboo leaves. Zongzi is an essential food in celebrating the Dragon Boat Festival on the 5th May lunar calendar. Pork belly and chestnut are often favourably chosen as fillings. Foraging chestnuts in an autumn forest is fun and making zongzi is not as difficult as you thought!
- PACKAGE: 100 leaves per pack, vacuum packed.
- STORAGE: If you couldn’t finish the whole pack, soak the remaining leaves in water and keep them in the fridge for the next day use.