Katsu Curry is probably the most popular dish within young generations in the UK.
In this show we present you Japanese style curry and panko, two essential ingredients you need to make katsu curry. I overheard Callum talking to a French girl how good Japanese Panko is. I expected there would be a debate between them as I always prefer to French bread over bread from elsewhere. To my surprise, she said yes, I love panko, it is so much crispier and lighter!
"Ok so seriously the best Katsu curry ever and my daughter (who is a very fussy eater) ate every last mouthful! 🏽 really, really impressive. Thank you. "
"Yes really good i did not think they were going to work as well as they did but they were super crispy and tasty when cooked, used them foe bang bang chicken and prawns too, easy to use not much waste falls off while coooking making for a delicious home made simple japan style meal"
I overheard Callum chatting to a French girl, Lauren, about how amazing Japanese Panko is. I expected there would be a debate between them as I always prefer French bread over others. To my surprise, Lauren said, “Yes, I love panko, it is so much crispier and lighter!”Katsu Curry is probably the most fashionable dish amongst the youth in the UK.
In this show we presented you with Japanese style curry and panko, two essential ingredients you need to make Katsu Curry. Absolutely yummy & irresistible.
Exhibition is an exhausting business. The enjoyable part keep us going is to meet like minded people, who not only know food but love food, who come to our stand recognize our achievement and advise improvement. Thank you all for meeting us last week at Specialty & Fine Food Fair. Next year, we will await you at the same location on 11-12 Sep 2023.Here is the our inhouse MasterChef, Oliver’s recipe to cook Japanese Katsu & Curry to share with you .
Ingredients serves 4:
1 x onion,1 x carrot, 1 x potato, all chopped
4 x Emma Basic Katsu Curry blocks
Method for Katsu
1. Heat oil to 180°C.
2. Tenderize your meat, fish or vegan meat.
3. Place flour, beaten egg and panko breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
4. Coat the meat with flour, then the egg, then the panko breadcrumbs.
5. Fry in oil until golden brown and cooked through.
Method for Curry
1. Heat the oil in a deep pan
2. Stir fry the onion on a medium heat for 5 minutes until cooked thorough
3. Add the carrot and potato, continue to stir fry for 3 minutes
4. Pour over water until the vegetables are just covered
5. Bring to the boil and simmer with the lid off for 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft
6. Stir in the curry blocks until the sauce is thick
7. Serve over short grain rice or udon noodles, enjoy!
QUICK & STRAIGHTFORWARD TO MAKE: Can easily be made in 20 minutes. A perfect weeknight dinner when time is short and a quick and a healthy meal is wanted. Simply stir fry leftover vegetables, and water and bring to the boil, add curry blocks, and mix well, done, a new taste each time with different leftovers from the fridge.